Over the last few years, traffic on the UK’s roads has been increasing. Drivers of commercial vehicles have become a ubiquitous sight, from delivery vans laden with parcels to heavy goods vehicles (HGVs). These vehicles haul goods and services across the nation, delivering to millions of companies and households every day. Trade across Europe has also developed, creating an influx of foreign goods vehicles on UK roads – but which countries are they coming from?
To help you identify goods vehicles in the future, Trust My Garage has designed a test for all the savvy spotters out there, helping you expand your geographical knowledge by number plate – and even impress a passenger or two in the future! Take our quiz below and let us know how you fare in the comments.
The rules are simple – we show you a number plate, with its country identifier, and you guess where that vehicle originated. Simple! So, let’s get started…
- We’ll start you off with an easy one – where does the ‘F’ on this number plate relate to?
- Ok, this one is a bit tougher – what country is ‘LT’?
- Try this – where is ‘GBZ’?
- Here’s another to test your knowledge – what country does ‘SK’ refer to?
- Getting harder – where does ‘LV’ refer to?
- Is your brain working yet? Try this one – where is ‘CZ’?
- Time to test you – what country is ‘E’?
- Try this one – where is ‘CY’?
- How about this – which country does ‘DK’ refer to?
- Ok, last one – what country is ‘HR’?
You’re all done, so it’s time to look below for the answers!
- Czech Republic
So, how well did you do? Was it better or worse than you thought? Either way, let us know! Spotting number plates is always a fun way to pass time when travelling, and now you can show off your impressive skills to friends and family alike.
Don’t forget, if you’re planning a road trip this summer, you can visit your local Trust My Garage member to ensure your car is running at its best. You can find your nearest member garage by using our handy Find a Garage map and see what services they have on offer, and any reviews left by other customers too! All Trust My Garage members adhere to our Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI) approved code of conduct, so you and your vehicle get the best possible service.
As well as this fun quiz, if you’re looking for some other tips, check out our post on what to do when driving in summer, or if you’re feeling continental you can take a look at some of the best driving roads in Europe – and remember, happy motoring!