It’s great news for consumers as Trust My Garage (TMG) has now been granted Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI) approval under the Consumer Codes Approval Scheme (CCAS). This means that when you take your car to a Trust My Garage member, you will now benefit from additional protection beyond the standard consumer rights, giving you the added assurance of a professional service, and the knowledge that your TMG member has chosen to accept the provisions of the TMG Customer Charter which forms the basis of the scheme’s compliance with the CCAS criteria .
The CTSI aims to help consumer-facing businesses, both in the UK and abroad, maintain the highest standards, giving peace of mind and added protection to customers. Businesses wishing to apply for code approval status face a rigorous process, and approval is only granted to organisations that can firmly demonstrate a commitment to the highest level of customer service and protection, and which also have a commitment to continually improving service standards within their industry.
The TMG consumer code is now the only code in the UK exclusively open to independent garage businesses, with the aim being to raise stands within the independent sector and promote peace of mind to all customers. The code means that it will ensure a strong disciplinary framework designed to ensure garages maintain the high standards that Trust My Garage stands for. It will also support garages to ensure that motorists always get the very best service at independent garages displaying the Trust My Garage shield.
But what does it mean for you when you visit your local member?
- In addition to knowing the technicians at your local Trust My Garage member will be regularly assessed for quality and professionalism, you now have the assurance that they will always have access to up-to-date technical information, facilities and equipment, meaning that you are guaranteed a professional, quality service every time you visit a garage displaying the Trust My Garage shield. TMG businesses comply with the highest standards set by the CTSI, the national body for trading standards professionals.
- In the rare event that you might have a complaint regarding a Trust My Garage member, you now have additional protection beyond standard consumer rights, including a clear complaints procedure and access to the National Conciliation Service, TMG’s alternative dispute resolution provider.
- When you take you vehicle to one of our members for a service or MOT, you can rest assured that you are dealing with a firm that is determined to deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Trust My Garage truly is the independent scheme for independent garages in the UK. We have no hidden agenda or commercial affiliation, which means we really do exist to ensure that independent garage standards are continuing to improve; we have no commercial influence.
- There are now more TMG members than ever before. Since we became the only CTSI backed code exclusively for independent garages, we have experienced a significant increase in enquiries from garages wanting to join the scheme, but only those that meet our standards and conditions are becoming members., We now have over 2,800 members and this number is growing all the time, meaning that there really is a TMG member near you, wherever you are in the UK.
Sounds good doesn’t it? But how do you find your nearest Trust My Garage member and join thousands of motorists enjoying independent quality every day? Simply visit our garage finder on our website or download the Trust My Garage app. Enter your postcode and we’ll show you where your nearest members are.
You can download the Trust My Garage app from any smartphone and it will instantly recognise your location before showing a number of trusted garages nearby. From the app, you can view garage feedback, view our educational videos and call one of our members directly to book a service, MOT, or recovery service.
Our brand new video explains more about Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI) approval and what it means for you: